A pictorial diary of my walks around the parks and wild areas of Leicestershire, and occasionally farther afield.

If you're new to my blog, you might like to have a look at the pictures in the older post as well (click on button at the bottom of the page).

I am also a writer, using the pen-name John Gwynant, and I'll occasionally announce my latest book release on the blog.

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Winter is Here - 13 December 2012

There has been some good frosts recently and most of the lakes are frozen. The birds are keeping under cover so after a hard year for finding wildlife, it has now got harder. The other day I did see a Goosander, but it was being swept rapidly down a swollen river and the light was going, so I didn't get any pictures.

Today I went out in the frost, I only managed a few photos.

Canon EOS 7d, EF 100 - 400mm L lens
1/250 @ 5.6, iso 400, 400mm

By the bridge at sheepwash lane,  I saw this Burdock plant coated with frost. It'd probably make a good Saturnalia decoration if the ice didn't melt.

Canon EOS 7d, EF 100 - 400mm L lens
1/200 @ 5.6, iso 400, 100,mm

We moved on to Swithland woods, but the only bird we saw was this Robin
Canon EOS 7d, EF 100 - 400mm L lens
1/80 @ 5.66, iso 800, 390,mm

No comments:

Post a Comment