A pictorial diary of my walks around the parks and wild areas of Leicestershire, and occasionally farther afield.

If you're new to my blog, you might like to have a look at the pictures in the older post as well (click on button at the bottom of the page).

I am also a writer, using the pen-name John Gwynant, and I'll occasionally announce my latest book release on the blog.

Sunday, September 25, 2016

Swithland Woods

On the off chance we visited Swithland Woods on Thursday and while Maja walked through the woods with Skipper, I stayed in the car and was rewarded with a mixture of wild life calling at the stump.

The Blue Tit was first, being fairly common that didn't surprise me.

1/250 @ f 6.3, iso 800, 400mm

The next visitor was a surprise, I've never seen them around here before. It is a Marsh Tit and he kept coming back as did other.

1/200 @ f6.3 iso 800, 400mm

Later there was a moment of tenderness between two Great Tits. They both appeared to be adults so not a parent and chick -  a bit late in the year for that anyway.

1/640 @ f 5.6, iso 800, 400mm

The Nuthatch wasn't his usual feisty self, usually he rules the stump, but this time he flitted back and forth a few times but was in evidence as much as usual.

1/50 @ f6.3, iso 800, 400mm

The table cleared quickly when the squirrel arrived, but some got used to him and returned for a quick mouthful.

1/160 @ f6.3, iso 800, 400mm

All taken on a Canon EOS 7d and EF 100 - 400mm L series lens

No comments:

Post a Comment