A pictorial diary of my walks around the parks and wild areas of Leicestershire, and occasionally farther afield.

If you're new to my blog, you might like to have a look at the pictures in the older post as well (click on button at the bottom of the page).

I am also a writer, using the pen-name John Gwynant, and I'll occasionally announce my latest book release on the blog.

Friday, November 22, 2013

A cold day at Watermead Park

With the help of my new mobility scooter, we decided to spend a couple of hours at Watermead Park. The day started sunny, but as soon as we were ready the clouds came in and hid the sun. Other than the usual common fayre there were few birds about, Mallards, Swans, Coots etc.

The Mute Swans were on a still lake, with perfect reflections, until they saw us and decided we might be a source of food. So the reflections I managed to take are a bit ruffled in places.

1/640 @ f6.3, iso 3200, 275mm

1/500 @ f6.3, iso 3200, 400mm

We nearly missed the Heron hiding in a bush, but he sat and posed for my camera. We haven't seen a Heron for some months, so we were surprised to see him.

1/125 @ f6.3, iso 1600, 400mm

1/100 @ f6.3, iso 1600, 400mm

1/500 @ f6.3, iso 500, 400mm

All pictures taken on a
Canon EOS 7d and EF 100 - 400mm L series Lens

No comments:

Post a Comment