A pictorial diary of my walks around the parks and wild areas of Leicestershire, and occasionally farther afield.

If you're new to my blog, you might like to have a look at the pictures in the older post as well (click on button at the bottom of the page).

I am also a writer, using the pen-name John Gwynant, and I'll occasionally announce my latest book release on the blog.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Wet Fortnight

Well here we are nearly two weeks of bad weather, today we get sunshine and I'm full of cold and in no fit state for taking decent pictures.

So I've dug out some archive pictures to post.

A Mallard mother was so proud of her brood, she put them beside the main gate to Kirby Muxloe Castle.

Canon EOS 50d - EF 70 - 300mm Lens
1/500 @ f10 iso 800, 300mm


Canon EOS 50d, EF70-300mm Lens
1/500 @ 7.1 , iso 400, 300mm

And in July this peacock was so intent on the flower head that it didn't notice the lens looming up.

I haven't been idle during the bad weather, after a lot of studying tech specs and discussions with the right people, I brought a new computer. It's an Apple iMac and I'm now trying to customise it in just the way want it. I haven't sorted the internet on it yet so I'm typing this on my venerable IBM Lenovo Think Pad.

The difference a good display makes is fantastic and some pictures that I almost rejected on the old screen now look really good and worth tidying up and keeping. I still need some Mac compatible photo editing software (Photoshop), but all in goo time. I can use DPP for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment