A pictorial diary of my walks around the parks and wild areas of Leicestershire, and occasionally farther afield.

If you're new to my blog, you might like to have a look at the pictures in the older post as well (click on button at the bottom of the page).

I am also a writer, using the pen-name John Gwynant, and I'll occasionally announce my latest book release on the blog.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Another grey and wet day - 7 January 2010

I didn't take the camera out today, the weather was so bad.
So I've pulled some pics out of the archives.

This tree caught my eye as I was returning to the car, after walking Skipper, one evening.
Canon EOS 400d, EF-S 18-55mm Lens
1/400 @ 6.3, iso 400, 55mm

An autumn scene, the colours are just beginning to change. This boathouse is a place I like to use to test lenses. It is across the Cropston Reservoir from the footpath and behind it is the Bradgate Park (ancestral home of Lady Jane Grey). I sometimes think Cropston is one of the prettiest reservoirs in England.
Canon EOS 50d, EF 28 - 105mm Lens
1/125 @ f14, iso 250, 105mm

This Northern Damsell fly with its electric blue colour wouldn't harm anyone and makes a beautiful line of colour in the green grass.
Canon EOS 400d, EF 70 - 300mm Lens
1/100 @ f11, iso 200, 300mm
If you are squeamish about Creepy-Crawlies, look away now .
Canon EOS 400, EF 28 - 105mm Lens
1/640 @ 4.5, iso 100, 105mm
This lady, set her web up between our dustbins, but she didn't like having her picture taken and scuttled away as soon as I'd got this shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment