A pictorial diary of my walks around the parks and wild areas of Leicestershire, and occasionally farther afield.

If you're new to my blog, you might like to have a look at the pictures in the older post as well (click on button at the bottom of the page).

I am also a writer, using the pen-name John Gwynant, and I'll occasionally announce my latest book release on the blog.

Monday, January 24, 2011

What a Dismal Week end - 23 January 2011

Well not the best of weekends to out taking pictures, I did go out on Saturday afternoon but I think the birds had decided to stay at home. Although in the early evening as I walked back to the car I was treated to a chior of birds singin out as loud as they could. The tree tops were fair ringing with them. Couldn't see a one though and anyway it was too dark to have captured them on camera.

So I've pulled some summer pics from my archives, to brighten these dark winter days.


Peacock


Peacock

Common Blue


Large White
The sun was out then and the temperature was up and my Border Collie loves a good swim, mind you he doesn't care if its freezing, he still likes to swim.



He's a great dog for a wildlife photographer, when I take my camera out, he just settles down and waits. He never chases the birds or any other wildlife while I'm taking pictures. The only times he moves are; if a swan gets too close or if he spots Paul (alulawildlife - see link) or if Paul tries to take his stick. Then he prances around like a puppy, so does skipper.

Skipper will chase the odd Grey squirrel up a tree if I haven't got my camera out - I dont know how he differentiates, I've never taught him, he just seems to know.

Next weeks weather looks as if it could be better, though colder, so let's hope I can get some decent pics then.




No comments:

Post a Comment