A pictorial diary of my walks around the parks and wild areas of Leicestershire, and occasionally farther afield.

If you're new to my blog, you might like to have a look at the pictures in the older post as well (click on button at the bottom of the page).

I am also a writer, using the pen-name John Gwynant, and I'll occasionally announce my latest book release on the blog.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Watermead park again - 10 May 2011

Blame the Dentist, I had to visit him yesterday and as his surgery is close to Watermead Park I decided to spend the remainder of the afternoon there. But it was worth it, there seem to be a lot less waterbirds about but there are other attractions to take my interest.

Canon EOS 7d, EF 100 - 400mm L Lens
1/1000 @ 6.3, iso 400, 400mm
This Azure Damselfly flew in front of me then posed in the sunshine, it was difficult to get focus on it because a light breeze was moving the stalk.

Canon EOS 7d, EF 100 - 400mm L Lens
1/1000 @ 6.3, iso 400, 400mm
As we walked towards the 'hole in the wall' hide, I peered through the gap and in the opening view I saw a Heron take off and fly away over the trees.  Luckily, when we got to the wall, he circled round and landed in a nearby tree. 


Canon EOS 7d, EF 100 - 400mm L Lens
1/1000 @ 6.3, iso 400, 400mm

No apologies for yet another Robin, there seem to be a lot of them about this year. There are three or four males competing for areas of the small car park. This poser sat on a fence post about 6 - 8 feet from the car I was sitting in and helped himself to the dried mealworms I'd left there.

No comments:

Post a Comment