A pictorial diary of my walks around the parks and wild areas of Leicestershire, and occasionally farther afield.

If you're new to my blog, you might like to have a look at the pictures in the older post as well (click on button at the bottom of the page).

I am also a writer, using the pen-name John Gwynant, and I'll occasionally announce my latest book release on the blog.

Friday, June 10, 2011

The Young Ones - 10 June 2011

Watermead Park seems to be full of chicks at the moment, they're everywhere. These Mallard Chicks where in the corner of the lake next to the car park.

Canon EOS 7d, EF 100 - 400mm L Lens
1/400 @ f 6.3,  iso 800, 400mm
And a little further round on the lake lake near Worcester Crescent, this Coot was feeding her brood.

Canon EOS 7d, EF 100 - 400mm L Lens
1/400 @ f 6.3,  iso 800, 400mm

By way of a change there was a lot of bee and wasp activity and I caught this bee hopping between meals of pollen.

Canon EOS 7d, EF 100 - 400mm L Lens
1/400 @ f 6.3,  iso 800, 400mm
I have added some more photos to my Flikr site (see the link at the right of the screen) some from here and some previously unpublished. I will be updating that regularly so keep looking. Also if you haven't seen them all ready don't forget that clicking on  "Older Posts" at the bottom of the page will take you to more pictures.

1 comment: