A pictorial diary of my walks around the parks and wild areas of Leicestershire, and occasionally farther afield.

If you're new to my blog, you might like to have a look at the pictures in the older post as well (click on button at the bottom of the page).

I am also a writer, using the pen-name John Gwynant, and I'll occasionally announce my latest book release on the blog.

Monday, February 28, 2011

Another Grey day - 28 February 2011

Yet another wet grey day, the wildlife at Waterrmead Park had more sense than to come out in the rain and the Goosanders, that were floating about on the lakes, had their heads tucked firmly under ther wings.

But the weather doesn't stop a Collie Dog wanting his walk, so Skipper and I were out in it. My thanks to the wet footed man who warned me that the path was flooded and saved me a futile walk.

I doubled back from near the Worcester Avenue path and went round to the hole in the wall hide. But again everything seemed to be hunkered down and keeping warm. As we neared the crossroads a Heron took flight, we must have disturbed him by walking past on the path. He didn't fly far though and posed for several pictures.


Canon EOS 7d, EF 100 - 400mm L Lens
1/160 @ f5.6, iso 1600, 400mm

Canon EOS 7d, EF 100 - 400mm L Lens
1/125 @ f5.6, iso 1600, 400mm

Canon EOS 7d, EF 100 - 400mm L Lens
1/160 @ f5.6, iso 1600, 400mm

No comments:

Post a Comment