A pictorial diary of my walks around the parks and wild areas of Leicestershire, and occasionally farther afield.

If you're new to my blog, you might like to have a look at the pictures in the older post as well (click on button at the bottom of the page).

I am also a writer, using the pen-name John Gwynant, and I'll occasionally announce my latest book release on the blog.

Friday, December 24, 2010

A bit of a change - 24 December 2010

By way of a change today I went to Bradgate Park, it is the ancestral home of Lady Jane Grey and only five minutes from my home. The house and surrounding park where donated to the people of Leicester and Leicestershire by Charles Benyon.

There are Roe and Fallow deer roaming free in the grounds and I'd hoped to get some picture of them in the snow. But there were too many people and the deer were skittish. Most moved up to the remoter areas and out of camera range.

So I had to make do with pictures of the house and monument.
Canon EOS 50d, EF 100 - 400mm L Lens
1/80 @ f20,  iso 400, 100mm 

No comments:

Post a Comment