A pictorial diary of my walks around the parks and wild areas of Leicestershire, and occasionally farther afield.

If you're new to my blog, you might like to have a look at the pictures in the older post as well (click on button at the bottom of the page).

I am also a writer, using the pen-name John Gwynant, and I'll occasionally announce my latest book release on the blog.

Monday, December 27, 2010

A Grey day again - 27 December 2010

A grey day with rain, sleet and snow, not a good day for photography. But I had to take the dog out, so I took the camera.


Canon EOS 50d,  EF 100 - 400 L Lens
1/160 @ f5.6, iso 400, 135mm

The lack of contrast made auto - focus difficult, and the low light made manual focus just as unreliable, but I managed a couple of mediocre shots. This swan thought I was going to feed it so flew in from the other side of the lake.

Canon EOS 50d, EF 100 - 400 L Lens
1/160 @ f5.6, iso 400,  400mm
This Mallard, also under the impression she was going to be fed came flying in but couldn't find her footing as she landed and slid quite a way before she regained her composure.

The snow's melting and the skies are grey, let us hope the new year brings better weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment